The Web Analytics Specialist is an individual contributor who works independently on smaller consulting engagements, as well as part of large teams for big projects. You will be responsible for analytics from end-to-end with our clients: from auditing existing data, to consulting with clients to develop KPIs, to implementing analytics systems, and reporting on product performance on an ongoing basis after a project launches. Most of our clients have content goals or business needs around content, so experience with measuring and testing content performance with content that is managed in a CMS is important.
- Audit existing client analytics systems in order to evaluate data quality and recommend improvements
- Consult with clients to develop product KPIs based on business goals
- Advise clients on how to track site performance against goals, especially around organic/SEO and content performance
- Select, implement, and configure analytics platforms to monitor client KPIs
- Ensure quality and accuracy of data tracking by QA testing tracking implementations
- Develop dashboards and data visualizations that enable stakeholders to find insights and make recommendations and decisions
- Analyze website and app data on traffic sources and patterns (including cross-channel tracking and social media tracking), customer behavior, and customer experience
- Provide clients and 4k strategists with insights regarding digital strategy effectiveness
- Communicate findings and recommendations in a clear and concise way to non-technical audiences, both in oral and written presentations
- Monitor client analytics on an ongoing basis to continuously improve client products
- Design and conduct A/B/multivariate test experiments, with a special emphasis on testing content for effectiveness
- Document analytics process and best practices
- Stay informed of industry trends and continue to learn new skills
- Support business development and sales to build out Four Kitchens’ analytics practice
- Excellent knowledge of Google platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console, and Google Web Optimizer. Certifications in these platforms are a bonus.
- Knowledge of other analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics, Mixpanel, Parse.ly, or others
- Experience with A/B testing tools such as Optimizely, Google Web Optimizer, Visual Web Optimizer or others
- Experience working in client services and/or selling analytics work as a service
- Experience generating and presenting insights from marketing and business data
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence decision makers and build consensus
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with enterprise content management systems such as Drupal and/or Wordpress, especially measuring content performance
- Experience with Google AdWords and/or other ad platforms
- Experience with using the scientific method to design tests and experiments
- Knowledge of statistics to analyze data and draw conclusions
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using relevant data to inform decisions and monitor business performance
- Degree in quantitative field (statistics, math, computer science, data science, etc.)
- Formal education in data science is a plus
- Generous paid time off. We plan for each team member to take up to 25 days of time off annually.
- Paid holidays – including days such as MLK Day, 4K Founding Day, and a Winter Holiday (usually a full week).
- 100% remote workforce.
- $2,000 annual professional development and education budget. This can be spent on conferences, seminars, classes — anything that advances your professional goals.
- 100% paid option for medical insurance for employee, including dental and vision.
- 100% paid life and disability insurance for employee.
- 3% Safe Harbor non-elective employer 401k contribution.
- $150/month tech stipend to spend on your home office and equipment needs.
- An excellent work environment filled with smart, funny people who love what they do.
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device, in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and to each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen and we encourage everyone to help guide the direction of our company. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company — it's a closely knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe good talent is where you find it and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work-culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones and our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they're thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have a generous PTO policy, encourage time off, and have a great benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a good work-life balance, but we also participate in interesting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
We hope you'll join us!
How to apply
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our Core Values resonates with you the most and why! We are all about content, and we work with content-driven organizations. If you are a content person too, tell us about it.
Four Kitchens is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.